The turning point

The story began when I was in 2nd grade in Junior high school at Catholic school. Tried to be a good student I always did my homework. On that particular day I was surprised when my Indonesian language teacher Ms. Maria told most of the students didn’t complete the homework. She mentioned my name too; I was shocked I thought I finished it already. She punished the students to make that homework out side the class.
I was so angry that time, I thought something wrong happened. I talked to Ms. Maria
“Ms. Maria, I didn’t remember that you mention to make that part of the page”
Ms. Maria was angrily said,” Yes I did and all of you didn’t listen” I kept explaining to her,” If you were right why most of us didn’t make that part? “It was the time I just woke up the sleeping tiger. She said,” Lina, you have no right to say to me like that. Please say sorry to me or I will punish you”

I said,”Ms. Maria, as long as I believe that I am telling you the truth I will never say sorry to you”
Ms. Maria was so furious and she punished me to be outside the class for a week. On that day, my best friend gave me an advice, “Lina, you know that Ms. Maria is the killer teacher, why you make a problem with her. Please say sorry and you can study in her class again. It is a high risk decision Indonesian language is one of the most requirements to pass the grade and if you get 5 out of 10 you will fail this year. You might be in the same grade again next year”
That sounded horrible for me. I had to make a decision for the sake of my future. It was hard for me on that day. I was adamant and I told myself I could pass that problem. A week out side the class was enjoyable for me, I thought I didn’t have to be in side the class to learn something; I sat and listened the Indonesian Language lesson from the outside. The feeling of worry came to my heart that I could fail that year.

That was my turning point in life; I studied by myself the whole book of Indonesian Language. I read all the literature and I fallen in love with most of Indonesian literature books. I love not only to read but also to analyze the language; I tried to understand beyond the written scripts. I started to enjoy writing. Since that day I never get any problem with Indonesian language. I passed all the class and graduated from junior high school.
After all I went to Christian high school which has a good standard. And I was blessed that I could get along very well with my Indonesian language teacher Md. Is. Indonesian language class was my favorite and Madam Is made it so enjoyable for me.
Actually she has a high standard in teaching but I found myself enjoying her class so much. I loved her teaching style and I knew she appreciated my works too.

When something happened in my life, I think that is just another lesson for me to take a step ahead. After many years I still remember that experience and I never regretted what happened in my life. That was the great turning point. I found myself become Indonesian language teacher for foreigners.
Jakarta, 7.26PM May 3, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it