The tips and trick A Mom without maid and baby sitter

One day, I got email from friends who are younger than me; they asked me the tips and trick to be a mom without any help from baby sitter or maid at home. I am honored to have this opportunity. I rewrite this again for all of you. First of all I am idealist person in raising my children. I am a person to see a big picture of life. I had a discussion before I got married how I wanted to raise my children. The most important thing my husband and I have the same vision and mission in this issue. I decided to take care of my children without any help from baby sitter or maids. That isn’t a trend for people in Jakarta. Most of my friends have one baby sitter for each of their children. It was hard when I have to stand for the sake of my ideal thought. Some people seemed against me. Some of my friends told me,” You are so stupid with your education background you can earn more money than just being a full time housewife” Some said,” You are silly to spend your time for doing something which maid or baby sitter can do it” And bunch of opinion which no one supported my idea.
Yes… they might be right than I could pay maids and baby sitter with my economy condition. I have a great vision and mission beyond my decision and I believe that I can do it.

Tips and trick for you to want to follow my crazy or silly idea

• Commitment. You should have a strong commitment toward yourself. You will be against all people opinion around you. You have to keep your commitment to do it in YOUR WAY. This is like Frank Sinatra songs “I did it my way”. If you were a career woman before then you just need to remember you made a commitment to the company which you work for. Now it is time for you to set your mind that your family is your company so this time you have a total commitment to do your best for the sake of the company. If in your career you do your best to get a good appraisal from your boss, in your family you need to do your best to get a good appraisal from God because your children are the greatest God’s gifts in your life.
• Love. You should have loved to do any kind of housewife job. If you don’t love that job then my advice “Don’t try it at home” because you can feel your life are going miserable. You will look different with apron  (or move all mirror in your house)
• Great discipline. The most important no matter what happen in your life. You will keep in your mind that discipline is the strong key to success.

If you already have the three important foundations then I can continue to give more detail:

 Time management plays the biggest roles in raising children without any help from baby sitter or maid. We really need to work smarter than to work harder. Applying time management in our life makes us to work smarter. We need to pay attention of our habit and our children habit; we need to know in order the job we need to do from morning to midnight. If the children take three hours sleeping, we just only can sleep with them for an hour. We need to wake up earlier to do house work.
 Organize your stuffs. The purpose of organizing our stuffs at home to make us less work in this area. For the first time it probably the hardest challenge because it will be a lot of work, after all we can keep it as a good habit to put everything in the right place. As the result the house looks neat
 Know your children. Children learn from listening, seeing and practicing. We need to know them very well. We need to give children a lot of information or stimulation for their brain. A part of absorbing the information it will make children easily fall a sleep. We can do our house work in the same time we talk to the children, singing with them. The children are always around you while you do your job.
 Practice discipline. We need to tell the children that no one at home will help them; let them start to practice discipline. Praise them if they can keep practicing discipline.

That was very tiring, anyway I believe in my concept and I enjoy doing that. Some of my friends asked me how come my children are really good in their school or how great their achievement. Those are the rewards for me. Children like an empty glass we need to fill them with a concept of life when they are young, they will be ready to face the world later.

Raising children is not about money, luxurious stuffs or anything else. It is all about TIME … there is a time to spend with them wisely and there is a time to do the right thing for them

Jakarta, May 27, 2009 at 11.25 PM
**Lina Kartasasmita**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it