I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

“Recognize that you are enough, and that all external gifts are simply extra blessings.”
― Bryant McGill, Simple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life


How do you describe that you are blessed? Sometimes in life, when I meet a very wealthy family, I wonder how much money they have, how big is their house, how many cars they have and hundreds of questions in my mind.

I believe, once in a while those questions come into our minds. Who doesnt want to be wealthy? 

A young man came to my house to share his dream. He said, I want to be very wealthy in my life So I asked him, What definition of very wealthy?
He mentioned some names in the top list of the wealthiest person in this country and in the world.  I could imagine what the wealthiest people have in their life and how their Balance sheet looks like.
He mentioned one famous name and said, I want to be like him 
The only thing I could say, It is a great dream, and yes you can achieve that dream.  However, you have to remember you cannot copy paste others life into yours.  We are a very special creation and we are blessed in unique ways.
 Maybe it wasnt a good advice that I could give to this young man.

It seems unusual if I say I dont really think about being wealthy in my life.
Sound like a denying while people this world want to be very wealthy.

Maybe I am weird or crazy, but I think to be blessed is the most important in life

Instead of wanting to be very wealthy I always pray that I am blessed enough to enjoy this life.  And every time I count my blessings, I always amaze with my life. I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection.

One day I said to my husband, I am so blessed, because the girl in the shop smiled and she was so happy to meet me again. She remembered my name. And the man whom I never met for a long time, he could remember my full name. He was so happy to see me again. Honestly I couldnt remember his name at all Awkward when I mentioned it. My husband just smiled. It was probably crazy thing to count as a blessing.  As Janette Oke said,  “Blessings sometimes show up in unrecognizable disguises. ”

One small thing or simple thing, seen or unseen I like to count as blessings.

My life is not perfect at all; I struggle with my health however it brings me to meet loving and caring doctors. Through my work, I meet wonderful people who become good friends and sister or brother for me.

On the top of all my blessings is my family. I have my two lovely daughters who make me a very proud mother and a husband who always loves and supports me.

When we count our blessings we are wealthy perfectly .

“Count your blessings.
There are many beautiful things in life to appreciate.
The gift of life is a priceless.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita



Lina Kartasasmita Jakarta October 30, 2014 at 8.31PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

Please keep doing it