We love to love

It was just regular day, but I had two special moments to celebrate. It was my 28thwedding anniversay and my daughters birthday. I never expected something special, any gifts or anything. As a quote from Leo Buscagalia said,  “Love is always bestowed as a gift -freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved, we love to love.”

Marriage is not an easy journey in life.  The fact that no all the people can have a long lasting marriage. I am probably still the lucky one 

Some people asked me, How do you manage your marriage life ?

Fawn Weaver said, The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.

It is really important that we should have mutual respect, to give space for our spouse to be himself or herself. Respect that they have their own point of view. We can agree or disagree with that point of view, but we can always discuss it not as competitor/ rival but as a team.  A healthy dose of admiration is like a medicine for our relationship. We should admire each other Look at the positive side of our spouse.  If we can still say He/she is a good person …”then we cover with Love and Graceto keep the marriage still warm and lovely. 

My husband and I, are not a perfect couple but we promise to hand in hand to learn how to make this teamwork works well all the time. 

Respect each other, admire each other with love and grace !! 

Happy 28thanniversary to my best friend and my husband June 22, 2019

Lina Kartasasmita, Jakarta 12 July 2019 at 10.51 PM 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it