The risible experience part 1 “Lost in Tokyo”

It was June 2004, when my daughters and I visited Tokyo for a week. I was proud that I have visited Tokyo for many times before. Travelling with my lovely children I wanted to make them impress of their mom’s ability of planning and organizing the trip.

I arranged the schedule and printed all information about the places we wanted to see. Internet played a big help during preparation. I found the website about the transportation system in Japan especially for train and surprised that website using English language. I used to have language problem every time I visited Japan, because the lack of English language there. Anyway Japanese people are famous as a very helpful people and they are very nice to foreigners. Sometimes I just used body language in communication.

On that day I planned to bring my children to Tokyo Disneyland. We went by bus from my auntie’s apartment to the train station and I bought train ticket by showing the train schedule which has been printed in a piece of paper. I was extremely happy to show my daughters that I could handle the language problem there and I told them how important to get the right information and make a good plan in advance.

On the train I paid attention of the announcement of train station. We followed the list which I prepared. We changed train and finally we arrived safely at Tokyo Disneyland.
We spent the whole day playing there until we were so tired.

On the way back to Toride, I was sure I bought the right ticket. Since I was so tired I lost attention on the train, I didn’t listen when the train station was mentioned. Suddenly I was panic when my daughters asked me, “Mom, are we there yet?” I looked around and I couldn’t remember where I was. I looked to the list and I couldn’t find the right information. I realized I made mistake. I printed only the way from Toride to Tokyo Disneyland but I forgot to print the way back to Toride.

My face was pale and I was looking for someone to help me. A man who saw how panic I was he tried to communicate with me. He spoke in Japanese, but the only thing I could mention only “Toride”. He grabbed my hands and he brought me to jump into another train and he said,”Toride” and he left us. I said “Thank you…. Arigato”

We reached Toride a little bit late and we couldn’t stop talking about our lost experience. When my husband called me, my daughters told their dad,” Mom makes us lost in Tokyo” I told my daughters,” That is another good lesson for you... Even an expert likes me can make a mistake. Then you need to prepare more than one plan in life”

There is always a good lesson behind a good or bad experience in our life.

Jakarta, May 13, 2009, at 10.32 PM (**Lina Kartasasmita*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it