My Relationship with God

A simple grateful thought turned heavenwards is the most perfect prayer.
Doris Lessing


It was lunch time, I was about to put a spoon of spaghetti into my mouth, when I heard my friend asked me, “Lina have you prayed before eating?” I was almost choked. I said,” Yes I did” then the other question came, “When? I didn’t see you closed your eyes and prayed”
I only can quote from Malcolm Boyd “By my definition, prayer is consciously hanging out with God. Being with God in a deliberate way. “
It is rare for me to put myself in a right prayer position which people used to do. I have my own way to express my love and my gratitude toward God.

I am so sorry if I never kneel down on my knee to pray. It might irritate some people around me, as they know I am a Christian. They rarely see me praying in a right position which is standardized by believers. I am a very simple person and I have a very simple understanding about a relationship with God. I believe every breath I take; it is a prayer to God. I don’t need to close my eyes to see God, because God is in the eyes of my heart. I don’t have to take special time to talk with God, because I can do it anytime, any minutes and any seconds in my mind. There is no limitation in my mind to reach God.
I can see His love and His blessings in every single thing in my life. I can see His blessing in my spaghetti or my simple snacks. I can feel God’s appearance in many ways.
This is the way I express myself to God. I believe that God have a great acceptance which I hope everybody can see it through Him. Here I am. I don’t want to be a hypocrite. I know people will mislead with my point of view but I just know the relationship between human and God is a private matter.


An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. Everyday life has become my prayer.
Sarah Ban Breathnach


**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, August 5, 2011 at 9.30 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it