Like no other

On that day, I didn’t feel well at all and someone rang the bell of my house. I opened the door and found a surprise that my neighbor came to visit me. He said hi to me and asked whether I have time to talk. I said it was okay to talk with him but he said he would bring his wife to chat with me.

He returned back to my house with his wife. And we started to talk about their son. They had a problem their son wanted to quit school and they started their stories about the difficulties their son has at school. The father started to ask me to give him a recommendation which school to send his son. I couldn’t answer it easily.

I started questioning the parents. What they really want to see in their son’s future. Sending our children to school is part of our responsibility as parents. If our children have a problem than we need to analyze the problem then we try to get the right help to solve that.

I told them Please look at their son “like no other” why? Because each person has eight intelligences and each of us has different combination of those eight intelligences. Each of us will be different from other. Parents need to know their children and parents need to accept however they are. We need to see our children “Like no other”. We need to stop comparing our children; we have to see how special they are. We can be the proud parents after all.

We spent almost an hour to discuss about it. We have been almost 18 years living in the neighborhood and that was the first time we discussed something. I was glad to share something with them.

**lina**
Jakarta, May 1, 2009 at 7.30 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it