The power of Attitude

Today I came to one office which I should meet someone. I don’t know what is going on behind the scene of that place. Honestly I saw securities and receptionist didn’t smile or greet people with a nice voice. I had unpleasant impression of their attitude. Deeply thinking about unhappy and unpleasant faces in that situation, I couldn’t judge them by their appearance. Anyway it was an indicator of attitude problems.

My imagination went far away beyond my sight. Probably they didn’t know how they should treat people; they have family problem or health problem. But I couldn’t guess what they have in their mind. Those are my creative reason to accept that unpleasant experience with them. I kept telling myself that was common in our life. We bring our problems into our workplace. Nothing wrong about that, but if the situation influences our attitude in working or treating people around. We just spread a bad atmosphere in the workplace.

I believe each of us has problems in our life, in the other hand God also gives us a choice how to handle that situation. If we can smile to people around us, it will not solve our problems but it spread out the happiness and people will treat us differently. We will feel that we get support from people.

Johann von Goethe wrote
The way you see people is the way you treat them, and the way you treat them is what they become.

If we want people like us and we become a great person, please keep in our mind to treat people nicely.

It is not about the problems we have in life. It is about our attitude in facing problems in life

Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
-William James
Jakarta, July 17, 2009 at 7.28 PM
**Lina Kartasasmita**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it