Life is responsibility: “It is a choice”

Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice.
Ayn Rand

One dinner time, I listened to my husband story. He told me about our friend who has an economic problem. His friend thought he has no ability to work hard because of many reasons; such as it was hard for him to make decision in his life. The problem is we know him very well and we were sad to see that he struggled in his life. We talked about any possibilities to help him but I couldn’t find one. In my opinion we can not help people whom he or she never realizes that he or she has an ability to work in his or her life. We all know that our friend is a very talented person. He didn’t trust himself that he has those wonderful talents to make a living. We involved into a long discussion.
I spontaneously said,” He doesn’t want to take his responsibility in his life. I enjoy working everyday” My husband didn’t agree with me, he said,” Only for you enjoy working” I said, “ My dad always says life is a responsibility, You have to take it or leave it. It is your choice. You want to enjoy working or you hate working it is all yours. You have perfect hands, feet and amazing brain. Those are you first asset and capital to make a living” My dad used to show me how disabled people could make a living and they looked happy.
I just learn in life I have the ability to work, I have talents. Those are my assets and capital inside me. First choice for me is to take the responsibility, second choice is to accept it with a joy in my heart and be thankful for my life. In life there are so many things that we can not control or change. I would rather not try to change those circumstances; the most important I always can change my attitude and my mind. Wayne Dyer said:
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
I remembered when I couldn’t study abroad because some reasons. I had to study in certain university and I had to take Accounting major. My dad came to me and said,” Sorry I can not give you many choices this time. I know that you don’t like this situation. Education will enrich your knowledge and you can use it in your life one day. This is your choice. Take it as your responsibility and then choice how you will accept it. If you take it with joy, you will feel that is easy. If you can not accept this, you will walk with a heavy burden in your life.”
Life is responsibility and it is a choice. I took my dad’s advice in every responsibility I take. That is true… the burden of life not because life is too hard but because we can not make a good choice to accept it.


There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself.
Henry David Thoreau

**Lina Kartasasmita** 12.05AM Oct 28, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it