“I trust you”

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
Ernest Hemingway

One day, my husband and I went to meet his good friend. They were college friends when they studied abroad. We talked about random things until we ended up talking about our children’s education. We have children in the same age. We were ready to send our first daughter to go abroad for her education during that time. Our friend said that he worried to send his children to study abroad because of the culture differences and other life style issues.
I am a simple person. In my opinion if we as parents already teach our children the value of our culture, the value of our family, the rest of that we just need to trust the children. My husband asked me many times about how much I trust my children to go abroad and to live by themselves. I said I have done my part and the rest of the part will be in the children’s hand. It depends on their decision and their choice of life. We can not do anything or we can not control their future. We only can help them to see clearly their opinion about life, we can tell them how to judge something but we can not control their decision. It is about trust. I trust that I have put a right foundation in my children’s life and I have to trust them that they know what they have to do with their life.
My husband asked me, what if the children made mistakes in their life. That is common that people make mistakes and we should have a big heart to forgive them. I don’t want to fill my mind with negative thinking. I just want to be positive in life. The only thing I do in life, I keep telling myself … I trust my children and I will see them will pass all obstacles in their life with the best decision and choices.
This is my statement to my lovely daughters, “I trust you that you will make a right decision and a right choice in your life. No matter what happen in your life. You make mistakes or you are successful. You are still our daughters. We always have forgiveness for you; we will always be there for you to support and to encourage you. We love you unconditionally”
I believe as Ralph Waldo Emerson said:
Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great. Ralph Waldo Emerson

**Lina Kartasasmita** at 5.16PM Oct 25, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it