“You are in my heart”

Wednesday is always my full day of teaching, but I can not help myself that I love to teach. It was Wednesday evening and I just jumped into my car. I barely hear music in the car, cause I was busy checking my emails and SMS. I got SMS from my brother who asked me to visit one of his friends to share and to give motivation.
All of sudden my phone rang. I heard the old man voice, “Hallo Lina, Do you remember me?” I just answered,” Of course I remember you sir, we met at my parent’s house” His voice was so light and happy, “ O… you remember me, I am so happy to meet you and we had a chance to talk. Finally in my life I met someone like you. I am so happy and you are in my heart…. “The conversation was on and on for almost an hour.

I met him on Sunday, when I was about to leave my parent’s house. A 76 years old man came to the house; he was looking for his long lost friend. He is my parent’s friend. My husband told me that he was a history teacher for 35 years. He has a very keen memory about the history. When I introduced myself to him and he asked me many questions about my own experiences as teacher. I offered him a ride to go home. In the car, he asked me about Confucius concept. I said,” Confucius is the master of ethic” we involved in sharing knowledge. It was actually a very short trip. He was so happy and kept saying he was lucky to meet me. He asked my phone number and he promised to call me. I thought it probably would not happen.

My husband was a bit upset because we couldn’t go to the book store to buy a present as we planed before. I was so tired on that day. We returned home and never talked about that day again.

I was surprised when he did call me just two days after we met. He said,” Unfortunately I have to go back to Nederland; I still want you to share all your knowledge and stories. I hope I have another chance to meet you again. But I am so happy to find you and to meet you in my life” What ever he said about me, it made my day!

I reached home and I shared with my husband about that phone call. My husband said, “We didn’t go to the book shop but you made someone very happy and he will remember you in his heart. That is wonderful result” I didn’t do something special actually, I just shared a simple knowledge and simple stories with that old man. He probably has been looking for someone who could understand his need and he found it.

I just always remember my dad advice, you don’t have to be rich to give, and you can give your smile… as simple as it is.


Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Mark Twain

**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, 27 October 2011, at 10.19 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it