My bucket list

A couple years ago I watched “The Bucket list” movie, the story about two men who did their bucket list before they died. They wrote down what they really wanted to do in their life before they died. That story inspired me to write down my own bucket list. Honestly I forgot where my list is now. It is probably somewhere in my drawer, it is hard for me to memorize it but at least I can always rewrite again and again before I die.
The Bucket list movie came across my mind again when Bhavna asked the question at the end of Toastmaster meeting, “What is in the top of your bucket list?” At that moment I didn’t have time to open my rusty brain to recall my bucket list. So I answered the question spontaneously. The answer was, “I want to give a speech” Bhavna gave comment, “You can always give speeches” Yes it was probably not a special thing to do for a bucket list. I just remember when I was in the emergency room; I was in pain and suffer. My daughter told me,” Mom you can not be hospitalized today, you need to give a speech on my graduation day. Have you prepared your speech?” That statement suddenly burned my spirit; I started to tell my daughters what my speech would be. The spirit pumped blood into my brain and I just forgot my pain. My daughters started to say, “Wow mom, you are getting better because you have to give a speech”
The doctor let me go home on that day; I requested my daughters “If one day I am in the hospital again, please tell me that I need to give a speech. I believe it will heal me soon” We laughed out loud at that moment.
It was really true in my life, I want to give a speech, not only before I die, but in my daily life. I just want to make sure that in my life I have passed the blessings in my life. I want to touch people’s heart and life through my writings and speeches. I want to tell people, it has been years and years for me to learn how to accept these:

I made thousand mistakes in my life, people might forget about it, but I still kept in my minds, I couldn’t accept my weakness and my mistakes in my life. I kept thinking my life would be perfect without doing those mistakes in the past. No body perfect in this world, I just need to accept myself. It took me many years to realize I am not living in the past anymore.

I found in my life I bumped into people who liked to blame me just because I was younger and inexperienced or took my credits for what I have done. I kept asking myself “Why they did that to me? … I deserved to get my credits, that was my creation, my idea” I bind my wound by putting the good seed in my mind, “ People can take my credits or they can always blame me but they can not really have what I have” They can only steal my credit but the ability is still in my mind. I don’t have to be angry but probably I just need feel sorry for them.

It took me almost 15 years to practice how to “let it go…” Letting go many things in life, I can enjoy every moment in the present. I practiced not to live in the past and not to chase the future. Life is simple and short. I just want to pass my life with meaningful.

It is never easy for me to do it with daily basis; it takes encouragement and motivation all the time. By sharing with others, I can always remind and encourage myself to keep practicing and moving forward.

If I have to answer again about my bucket list, I probably will have the same answer.

“When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh


**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, October 8, 2011, at 6.53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it