The influence of Bollywood and Disney

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
Albert Einstein

One day I went to funeral house with my husband. It was unusual situation for me, because the room was decorated with purple color, in the corner of the room there was a band with four vocalists singing love song. It gave me an impression about saying goodbye with love to someone, that was a great idea and the songs actually make people facing the sadness with an easy feeling.
It brought some idea for me about my funeral one day. I rushed to my husband and children. I said, “This is my will, when I die, please cremate me without the coffin, just put me on the top of the wood logs and just like Indian movie … it looks simple and easy” My husband and my children dropped their jaws. Especially my husband, he said,” Lina, it sounds so easy for you because you don’t know anything at that moment. We can not do it for you. Please consider your Bollywood cremation style. I think you watch too much Bollywood movie”
It was probably true; I have Bollywood influence in my life. Yep… it was because I grown up with Bollywood movie. The Bollywood movies were the cheapest and longest entertainment for my mom when I was a little kid. Each movie would take at least almost three hours. My mom would enjoy her three hours sitting and enjoying the movie without thinking about her routine activities to serve her six children. I always accompanied her to the cinema and I enjoyed each dancing and singing in Bollywood movie. The strongest influence in my life was I like to dance.
My husband didn’t agree with my Bollywood cremation style… so I changed a bit. I said, “Okay if you all can not accept the Bollywood concept… How about during my funeral you have to play all Disney songs for me” This is my children’s turn, they said, “Mom, we know that you love Disney so much… Mickey, Goofy are always your friends… but please consider what people will call us... the insane children, they will ask this is funeral or Disney performance” I smiled and said,” At least you can name it Disney on Funeral… it sounds like the Disney on Ice show. “I laugh out loud.
I always love Disney… no matter my hair is not longer black… I don’t really care… I enjoy being in Disney world. I would dance and sing in Disney Park. That is probably too much influence of Disney in my life.
Actually when I die, I just want people around me, remembering me as a simple person. I came to this world without bringing anything, so I want to return back in the same way. It doesn’t matter when I die… it is really matter when I live… I can share the best of me for my family and people around me. I want my children to let me go when the time comes and they remember the happiness moments that they have spent with me in their life.
I didn’t talk again about Disney and Bollywood… but I always remind my children and my husband… Let’s build the memories in our life… Let’s enjoy the present of each other in life.

Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness.
Khalil Gibran

**Lina Kartasasmita** 29 October 2011, at 4.44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it