Table topic 2: If you have only one chance to send your children…

It was Tuesday, my lovely meeting day in public speaking club. Once again my friend Vine led the table topic question. The theme of the meeting on that day related to education. Vine brought the question which I thought it was a simple question but really deep in meaning. The question is “If you have only one chance to send your children to school which one you will choose between your son and your daughter”
I have two lovely daughters and I promise them that I will do my best to support them in their education. That question didn’t really relate in my case. However the question reminded me of my husband statement, one day he returned home early and he had dinner with me, he told me that he had a discussion with his friends during lunch time. His friends gave comment why we need to send our daughter to study abroad, it is not worthy at all, it costs a lot of money and at the end usually women become a mother and stay home.
Oh my goodness, I think where they have been in this emancipation era. I told my husband… Please remember when you educate a woman, you educate the nation. A mother is the first teacher for her children. The first person in this world who contact with the baby is a mother. That is the first and extremely reason to give education to women. I continue my opinion that as a mother I want to give my daughters the best education as their first heritage from me. I want them to see themselves in this world. I want them to have knowledge to teach their children one day with great value of life and great wisdom. They will not afraid to face their obstacles in this world. I care of their dream to be someone they want to be. I don’t want to keep my money in valuable things which stayed in the corner of the house. I want to see my money work to make my daughters’ dream come true… I want to fill my daughters’ mind with knowledge and wisdom. That is the great investment in the world. When people count value of money with something countable … of course they can not count the uncountable things in life.
If you have only one chance in this life… please go for your education. Learning is a lifetime process in your life… it only ends when you die.



Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. -Chinese Proverb

**Lina Kartasasmita** July 16, 2010 at 8.21 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it