TGIF

On every Friday, I always get SMS said “TGIF” It is common thing TGIF means Thanks God it is Friday. I love it that someone always reminds me that day is Friday. Maybe she always thinks I am old enough to remember day. Of course I am getting older every day not only on Friday 
I always say to myself that everyday is a special day, God has created for us. God always gives us a same time everyday to cherish and to enjoy. God gives us the same opportunities everyday to do good things in life or just to carve memories in our life. This opinion stays in my mind and it helps me to make everyday is an enjoyable day.
One afternoon I met Head department of English teacher, he definitely knew my schedule I have to teach since 7 AM to 1.55 PM. When we bumped each other I smiled and said “Hi… “He said to me,” I notice that you are always full in spirit and happy all the day long. What the secret” I was surprised with that question and I answered,” First I think life is hard and why we should make it is even harder. I enjoy every moment as the blessing moment in my life. Just enjoy the days” (In memory of Mr. Art at Penabur International School)
That simple answer seemed make him happy and I was happy too that I could give a good respond for him. That story inspired me to reply my friend’s SMS. I typed: “Why TGIF, Do you only Thanks God on Friday. How are about Monday thru Thursday?” My friend replied back to me, “I hate Monday, I don’t like Tuesday, I think Wednesday is just another routine day, Thursday is just another busy day so only Friday it will be the end of the busy week”
There was a big temptation for me to argue with her, but I didn’t do that. I wrote this for her

Dear God, Thank you for Monday, it is a new day of the week. Thank you there is a job to do. Thank you for the health and the opportunity to enjoy the day.
Thank you for Tuesday God, it is a continues blessing day for me, and there is another opportunity to do something in my life
Wednesday is just another routine blessing from you, God. Thank you
Thursday is just a day before Friday, without today blessing I will not have a chance to enjoy Friday
Friday is the end of working time at the office Thank you for giving me another two days in a week to praise you and to do a lot of things in Your Name God.

After a week sending that to my friend, she started to send me SMS everyday with the funny and happy picture such as “Happy Monday”; “Wonderful Tuesday”; “Amazing Wednesday” and “Marvelous Thursday”

It was the simplest thing in our life but when we set our mind differently we will increase our quality of life. Let’s start not only TGIF but Thanks God for each day in our life.


Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" was the ninth beatitude ~
Alexander Pope


**Lina Kartasasmita**
Jakarta 7 November 2009, at 9.01 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it