Good mom and wife

Thoroughly to teach another is the best way to learn for yourself.
- Tryon Adams

Early in the morning I got message from one of friends. He sent me a Bible verse about blessing. I started to reply his message, and then came up the question from him. “Lin, do you know the verse about a good wife?” I replied,” Sure it said in Proverbs 31:10- 31” He asked me to send him the verses. So I typed all …

10 [c] a wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I spent time typing the verses for him. He replied,” Great Lin, Thanks”
I thought: How come I spent time to type all those verses for my friend during my busy time in the morning. The only strong reason to do that is he is one of my best friends. My mind flashed back to 1991 when I decided to get married. That verses became my everyday prayer to God. I always wanted to be a good wife and mother.
I realized those verses were not easy to follow in reality, but nothing impossible when I tried. Every morning I wake up with a cheerful heart that God has given me husband and children.
I do all the house works with happiness and even though sometimes I am so tired, it always will pay off when my daughters come home with smile and laughter. The biggest happiness for me is warm hugs from my daughters and husband. I have them as rewards.

Almost 19 years of marriage, I still use those verses as my prayer. And just today in the morning my friend asked me again. That was just a kindly reminder how powerful to keep those verses as my prayer. I was happy to spend time typing those for my friend as a great reminder for me. He was glad to learn something, I was also happy to share those verses. I thank God for giving me good friends.

I sent him a text,” Those verses are my prayer to be a good mom and wife” He replied,” Amen”

It was just another prayer today!!

A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience.
- Miguel de Cervantes

**Lina Kartasasmita**
At 9.05PM November 21, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it