Happiness without “If”

There are so common when we say, “I am happy if I have…… “
“I am happy if you …..”
“I am happy if ………… “

Many years we learn to say it in our life, without realized that we create condition to be happy. We always say “If…” Actually when we say “If …” we are still chasing our happiness. We procrastinate to feel happy. We just deny the feeling. We are failing to see the blessings which we already have in life.

Is that possible for us to say,” I am happy I have wonderful life, I am happy I am healthy, I am happy that you are my friend, I am happy now” Why do we need to postpone our happiness? We have the right to enjoy our life now. The future is not ours! Let’s enjoy the happiness now.

The quotation says:

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
Aristotle
Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)

Happiness will not depend on the condition in the future. Happiness depends on us. The feeling of acceptance the condition: the ability to see the bright side of life and the power of positive mind are the key to be Happy in life.
When we will stop chasing happiness in our life?
When we start to count every blessing we have in our life?
We can start now… to say “I am happy right now …”
Just open our eyes and look around to see that we have more than we need. In life we used to live base on our desire and the desire is more than our needs.

If you are not feeling happy today, take your time to think and count your blessing and then you can say to yourself “I am happy I have enough in my life”


The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.
James Oppenheim

**Lina Kartasasmita**
Jakarta, October 16, 2009, at 8.15 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it