My investment choice in life

“Your heart determines if you are rich or poor”

At the certain stage in our life, we probably can see clearly how people around us have their opinion about our life.
These are some opinion they have about my life;

Lina, you are so lucky, your daughters already graduated from college and I think you can retire now and you dont need to work hard anymore. You need to enjoy your life

Lina, it is your time to make more money in your life. You can invest your money to buy apartment. This is really good investment, you can sell it double the price later

Lina, it is better if you buy this life insurance, so you will have a benefit in the future for your children

Now I look into myself, my opinion about my life are:

I have to say I am blessed to have my daughters and my job as teacher. Do I want to retire because I dont need to send more money for my daughters education? I dont think so. I love my job and I never work hard to be a teacher. And most of all I need to work because working gives my life meaningful.

Do I want to have more money? I honestly say, I am just like anybody else in the world I want to have more money Do I want to buy apartment or any property as investment? This is what happened, my husband and I were looking for a new house to buy, we went around some areas then we discussed about our mortgage, the cash flow and many consideration.  I came to my husband and I said this, If we take this property we need to really watch our cash flow in the next ten years. It means we need to cut off our budget for leisure.  If God gives me a long life and I am healthy enough I probably can still enjoy my life. However we never know how much time God will give to us! I just want to spend time to travel while I still can do with my hundred percent abilities. And I want every time we have time to be together as family we can use the money to enjoy it

My husband said, It will be a great investment to have and one day the value will increase I am not against that concept.

When my father passed away, he had many property investment for his children.  Honestly the best investment that he made in his life didnt come from his property investment. The best value were the dinners I always had with him in my favorite restaurant, the memories how my father looked at me while I was enjoy eating Peking duck and all the stories he shared with me during dinner. The memories when I walked with him from King cross-area in Sidney to Darling harbor. As simple as it is, the only wish I have to spend the money to build memories with you and our daughters and I hope my daughters will understand one day what I am trying to do for them. If I can choose the investment I want the value of the money will not base on the market price but I want the value of the investment will be longer and deep in my childrens life.

People might not understand about my investment concept. I dont really care.  This is my life choice and the legacy that I want to give for my children.

When people says to me, You need to be wise enough to leave something for your children Yes I think about it and I buy some life insurance and health insurance, because I dont want to be a burden for my children if something happens to me.
However my children already know that they dont need to use their own money if all my insurance coverage is gone. They have to let me go peacefully at that stage.

My daughters already knew that their first heritage were their education. The rest of the heritage is the wisdom values in them.


“Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.”



**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta July 16, 2014 at 11.54 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it