Keroncong Music

One day I stepped into a room and I was surprised that I heard the Keroncong music from the small CD player at the back of the table. I asked, “Who likes Keroncong music?” A young man said,” I do like Keroncong”

Keroncong music is part of my life; it always reminds me of my dad. He was a Keroncong lover. I used to listen to Keroncong music with him a long the way in the car or at home. Surrounded with Keroncong music since I was born, perhaps built the feeling of love to hear the music.

It was uncommon for my friend in high school when they asked me about Michael Jackson’s songs or other musician; I didn’t know how to sing the songs. In the other hand I could sing Keroncong songs very well and I remember the entire lyric. My friends were shocked to know that I love Keroncong. They said,”Lina… which generation did you come from? Keroncong is the music for elderly people”
I know it was kind of rare situation I love something which came from my dad’s generation. I think Keroncong is unique and romantic. Most of my friends didn’t understand me and they wouldn’t share their music knowledge with me. Anyway I didn’t care what they thought about me. I love the way I am. I love Keroncong until now. I think crossing the generation and love the music is a wonderful thing.

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
Robert Fripp
**Lina Kartasasmita** at 4.21 PM 20 September 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it