Only 30 years

Notes: this is my speech in front of (and for) a young generation

 

I was 25 years old, a fresh graduate from college, and I thought I could find the job that I wanted. But once I applied for a job, they asked me, “How long have you worked?”

“I am a fresh graduate from college,” like a warm bread fresh from the oven.

They turned me down by saying, “Sorry we need people with experiences.”


Experiences are important, as much as education. So I started to build my certification collection. Now, I have more than 40 certifications and over 35 years of teaching experience. However, when I apply for a job now, they tell me, “Sorry you are overqualified and we can not pay you.“

What?!

It is unfair! Yes, life is unfair.


When I was young and had no experience they didn’t want to hire me. When I am older and more experienced, they don’t want to pay me.

 

If you start working at the age of 25, you have to retire at the age of 55.

 

Life only gives you 30 years to have the right time and value to achieve your dream.

 

This is my two cents about life:

Never say to yourself that you are “a fresh graduate” like bread fresh from the oven. You are not bread yet, you are just dough.

Life itself is a baker, squeezing and smashing the dough. That is your condition now. Your fate is in the hands of the baker.

 

You could feel the pain when you’re broke, no hope, no job, no money, and no “honey”. Or when you feel tired; you think you are in a war now.

Please remember, you can be a “plain doughnut”, or “doughnut with filling”.  

The difference between those doughnuts is the room for the filling. If you want to have a filling, you as a dough should have the flexibility to be able to give room for the filling. You should be able to be pulled to create the room for improvement and then you can be the doughnut with chocolate or other fillings.

 

If life only gives you 30 years, it is really your choice now how to turn the dough. Are you ready to give more room for the filling? Are you ready to turn in order to have hope, experiences, a job, money and “honey”?

 

Your value is in your education and experiences. Let’s do it now … or never! I see you again in 30 years

 

Jakarta 21 June 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it