A peace in mind

“If you put a spoonful of salt
in a cup of water
it tastes very salty.
If you put a spoonful of salt
in a lake of fresh water
the taste is still pure and clear.

Peace comes when our hearts are
open like the sky,
vast as the ocean.” 
― 
Jack KornfieldThe Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace

It was a such regular day for me to enjoy a cup of coffee and to talk about random thing. The topic was “we live sorrounding with bad people” Yes that is true, but I think bad people is everywhere. I heard people said, “I don’t want to live in this country because this country is so bad and there are so many bad people here” or I heard as well, “There is no hope to live in this country” 
I believe it could bother our mind, by asking, “Are we living in the right place?” Or we rush to find the world map and then to try find the right place to live?
How about people who lives in the war zone? Do they think the same thing like us? 

I probably have different opinion. “Good or bad is a concept in this world, because there is someone bad so there is someone good” My mind went to the quotes from Lao Tzu,  said, 
“When the people of the world all know beauty as beauty, there arises the recognition of ugliness. When they all know the good as good, there arises the recognition of evil.”
So it is not about the place we live … it is not about the people we deal with … it is about a peace in mind we should have. 
The fact that we don’t know about our future, so life is too short to worry about bad people around us … we just need to enjoy the moment, the present that we have and be grateful. 
If you still can look around you and you still find someone who smiles to you and does something nice to you … Be grateful and put a peace into your mind.  All is well… all is well.

“Nothing can disturb your peace of mind unless you allow it to.” 
― 
Roy T. BennettThe Light in the Heart


**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, 18 August 2018 at 11.03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it