The music of my heart

“Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” 
― 
Alphonse de Lamartine

We passed twenty-six years of marriage on June 2017. We didnt celebrate with anything special. It is actually good for people who have romantic side in their life to celebrate their anniversary with flowers, candle light dinner and diamond as the gift.

In my life I didnt need those thing, on that day I usually do the reflection of my journey with my husband. I realized sometimes both of us were busy with our duties, we didnt speak much about our daily activities. We seemed like two people listen to the same song with different harmony.

There was nothing wrong about it. We understood each other; we believed we were in the same track to spend our life together, but each of us needed to be alone sometimes.

As Kahlil Gibran said,
Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.” 
― 
Kahlil GibranThe Prophet


Happy wedding anniversary my best friend and my husband, we might not listen to the same music, but we listen to our heart and our love.

Note: very late post

**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta 15 December 2017 at 9.39 PM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it