Walk together

Saturday, July 8, 2017 I ran to the mall to have lunch together with my daughter. She had been dealing with a difficult person and situation for a couple days before. I tried to be with her all the time when she had a problem. Lunchtime was one of the times we could discuss about any problem and we tried to find the solution.

After lunch, we needed to go to other place. I said, “I need to go to the toilet”
My daughter, “Sure mom, I will wait here”

After I am done, I saw a two years kid standing near the door.  And a nanny who talked to her, “You need to walk, I don’t want to carry you”
The kid was about to cry. I talked with her, “Why you don’t want to walk?”
She looked at me and she said, “I don’t want to walk”
I said to her, “You need to use your feet to walk so one day you can use to run … and you can run faster. Do you want to walk with me?”
She grabbed my hand and she walked with me.

I didn’t know her name or anything about her. We walked together from the toilet back to the shops area. I saw my daughter and I said to the little girl, “I need to go, now you can walk to your mother”

She refused again to walk and the nanny refused to carry her too.

I asked the nanny, “Where is her mother?”
The nanny, “They are in restaurant a little bit far from here”

I looked at the little girl again and asked, “Do you want me to go with you to meet your mother?”
She didn’t say anything, she hold my hand and dragged me walking with her.

I walked with her and my daughter took a picture from the back.

We reached the restaurant where the parents had their lunch there. The little girl’s mother was surprised and she thanked me for walking with her daughter.

I have two daughters in my life, and I always think; if I have time I will always want to walk together with them.

Simple lesson "Give your children a good example and walk together with them" #parenting101

“Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, teachers.”


**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, July 13, 2017 at 4.55PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it