“The honor is mine”

To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors.
Tia Walker, The Inspired Caregiver: Finding Joy While Caring for Those You Love

Singapore June 22, 2017

It was a very hot day and I pushed my moms wheelchair to enter the Gardens by the bay as part of our short trip to Singapore. My mom can still walk properly but she couldnt walk too far, so to make the trip enjoyable for her I always brought the wheelchair. The breeze touched us when we entered the flower dome.

There were many people there and they took pictures of the flowers. I saw an Indian couple in front of me, they are probably around my age or slightly older than me. The wife suddenly came to me, May I take a picture with your mother?
I was surprised but I let her do it. Aha my mother might be famous after that picture uploaded in the social media with the right capture.

The husband showed me the picture he took with his cellphone. And they said, Thank you So I replied, You are welcome
The wife said again, Thank you for bringing your mother to visit this place

I tried to guess what in her mind was.

I just realized that she probably thought about the hassle of my trip because of the wheelchair. That is so true it takes a lot of effort to travel with elderly people. I think that is the same when we travel with babies or kids. When I pushed the wheelchair I thought about my first trip with my two little daughters back in 1995. I had to carry them and also I brought their stroller too. It was not easy at all but I could enjoy because they are so precious for me. I am my mothers daughter and I believe I am precious for her.

It is not about hassle things to do if you like to serve someone whom you love. I am honored that I get the opportunity to serve my mother.

I think in every stage of our life and age, we have something to admire and to cherish. We are not getting old in a day; it is part of the process. Our life can be a good or bad example for others; it is our choice in life.

Travel brings power and love back into your life.
Jalaluddin Rumi


**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta June 28, 2017 at 9.48 PM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it