A star in the heart

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" - "There is no easy way from the earth to the stars
Seneca

In this world, people can underestimate or overestimate our ability. I probably prefer when people underestimate my ability.

It was happened, when my friend wanted to hire me to teach a group of people. They asked my friend, Why do you choose Lina? She is not famous and we dont know her ability. We can hire the famous motivator or famous speaker
I said to my friend, It is okay if they dont want me to be their trainer or teacher. I am fine with that
My friend told me, I told them to give you a chance and see what you can do

A month before that class, I told my husband, I am not famous, but I will do my best to share my knowledge
With smiling face my husband only said, You can do it and it is good when they underestimate you you will be greater than they think

The class was very well, I got a good feedback from the participants and some of them really appreciated my class.

A week ago, I got a phone call from a director of the school. He said, Mrs. Lina we want to invite you as a guest lecturer at least you can motivate our students here
How do you choose me? I am not famous and I am simple person
He continued, I found you from your writings, I read your blogs and I think you are the right person

Deep in my heart, I kept wondering, How come my writings can make this man to invite me to speak in front of his students without knowing who I am

I agreed to come to his school and then he asked me back, Why do you want to come to our small school?
My answer was simple, Teaching or sharing for me is part of my worship. It doesnt matter about the place or the people

This time, I asked, What subject should I teach your students
He said, Just be yourself …”

On the day of the invitation, the director told me that he would personally pick me up. I came an hour earlier to the coffee place; my minds kept telling me that I needed to prepare something but nothing came out from my brain.

The director came and we chatted a bit. I saw his body language that he was also still wondering; maybe he wasnt sure about my ability.

In that school, I was surprised, I saw the huge banner on the wall with my face. They welcomed me as if I was a famous speaker or important person. They played my favorite music Keroncong, they had a video about my achievement and my writings.
It seemed they knew all my life.

I was speechless


The way they treat me, make me so grateful with their acceptance I am not a famous person at all, I am not a star at all but I was accepted with love.

They made me great not because I am someone who is famous... They made me great because their acceptance.

I am grateful of this opportunity, I am not the one who teaches them but they actually teach me.

In this world, being a star or famous among million of people is not my goal in my life.

Definitely, I cannot be the star in the sky; I just want to be a star in someones heart.

Note: Thank you for Mr. Taufik Hidayat for the invitation to be the guest speaker. Thank you for all students and staffs at JIHS Jakarta- Indonesia.



**Lina Kartasasmita**

Jakarta, October 16, 2016 at 9.38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it