Cemetery of the mind

One day I entered a complex of luxurious houses. I was amazed with all the beautiful houses there. But I wondered there were so quiet, there were no sign of people living inside or people did activities there. Probably they were inside and there is such a big house to hide them.

This is my comment at that time, These beautiful and big houses are like the cemetery, so empty and quiet

Some thoughts came into my minds: there are so many people work so hard to have a beautiful house to tell the world their achievement in their life, but for that reason they work late at the office and then they only enjoy a few hours in their beautiful house. That is probably a great award for some people or that is something worthy to have in life.  I saw similar thing in this world, the big house is like the cemetery, we might build to enjoy but we are not really enjoy it.

I come across Dalai Lamas quote:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

That is so true in this world. Why we sacrifice so many things for something that we cannot enjoy, we only have it as a status.

Anyway I could understand the reason people try so hard to be successful in life and have everything in their hands. That is such a normal human being.  

I just wish that I would not bury my awareness in the beauty of cemetery or a big house. I want to enjoy this moment in the present as if tomorrow never comes.


**Lina Kartasasmita**
Jakarta July 8, 2016, at 3.13PM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it