Never give up on each other

I have been waiting to have this time to sit and to write a note for my 24th wedding anniversary. This quote came into my mind

A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other

That was actually what we had been through at the first five years of our marriage. Both of us totally imperfect people who thought we were perfectly glued by the love we have. When two people promised to share their life together, it was never easy to do. We started the adjustment by daily basis, from the simple actions such as where to put the towel or the taste of the food we had.  It could create the problems from simple one to the most complicated one. It created a burden in my heart, so I told my husband,
Maybe it is better for you to find someone who is perfect for you
He said, I dont want to give up on you, I tried to manage our long distance relationship for 7 years and we did, I can find someone else to be with, but there is no guarantee I will not have problem. I might not have the same problem that I have with you, but for sure I will have different problem with that person. I still believe you are the right person for me, so I dont want to give up

I was glad he never gave up on our relationship. It took a lot of sacrifices to understand each other, to accept the good and bad of our personality, and to adjust our expectation to the reality of marriage. Love is one of the elements to glue our marriage, but on the top of that is the strong commitment and the vision we have to build the happy family.  Our commitment is not to give up on each other.


Love is not a feeling, nor an emotion; but it is a commitment. Anniversaries remind you the day that you commit yourself many days and years ago. Jazzian Ortega

Happy 24th wedding anniversary to my husband and my best friend, thank you that we never give up on each other.

**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, July 17, 2015 at 9.39PM
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it