The chosen one

This is the greatest gift God can give you: to understand what happened in your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for.
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

It was March 5, 2015 in a clinic; it was a regular check up for my mother. We entered the waiting room; an old lady was sitting there with her son. She saw my mother and then they just started the conversation. As I expected, they wanted to know whether they had something in common.

My mother: Are you going to meet Dr. Anton?
The old lady, Yes. How about you?
My mother, Yes, I will see him too. How old are you?
The old lady, I am 80 years old. And you?
My mother, I am also 80 years, we are in the same age. How many children and grandchildren do you have?

The next conversation was really about how many children and grandchildren they have.  And they continued to talk like they  met before.

I sat and pretended to read the newspaper, but I kept listening to their conversation.

The first lesson on that day was: What the most valuable thing in life? The answer is our family.  People will not come to us and then ask how much money we have in our bank account, what is our car, how big is our house. Simple question is all about our family.

I was surprised when I heard that lady has ten children and she told my mother she lives in the small village in Sumatera with her youngest son. I was curious to know more about her life, so I approached her and asked, Why do you live with your youngest son? 
She replied, I chose to live with him, I am more comfortable with him


I was enlightened by her answer. My mother has six children, but she is more comfortable with me, so I was chosen. Sometimes I feel guilty because I wasnt patient enough to handle my mothers questions. Or sometimes I was upset because my mother started to be cranky.  

I need to remind myself all the time, my mother has unlimited patience in raising me. I even couldnt reach any of her patience level. When I think I am the one who take care of her. It is not right!  Actually she is the one who always takes care of me. Every time I compare what she has done for me to what I have done for her. I have nothing to be proud of. My mother is always there since I was born She has done more than I could count.

I think my mother really understand about this quotes and applies in her life;

“Sacrifice is a part of life. It's supposed to be. It's not something to regret. It's something to aspire to.”
― Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven


Without no doubt She sacrifices a lot for her family in her life!

When my mind think I have been sacrificed a lot, I just need to look back to all the years that my mother has to bear with me. And most of all I was chosen.




** Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta  April 6, 2015, at 5.35PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it