Let go of the life we planned

We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

We like to plan what we want to be, but many of us also dont know what we want to be. It is probably a common question in life, What do I want to be?

If you asked me many years ago, the answers could be wide from being a dancer, a choreographer or a psychologist, but never  wanted to be a teacher.

Most of the journey of my life I just followed half of the world population do, to find someone they love then to get married and to have children.  I had to leave the life that I planned before; I planned to create the Broadway show, I had my own studio and I could dance all the time.

On the way to accept the new life I have, I kept asking myself, how many of those people could find their happiness outside the life they planned before. I bet some of them werent lucky enough in building their family, some had to divorced or to have miserable relationship.  I keep telling myself, I am lucky enough and blessed to have a good husband and two smart and lovely daughters.

Have I forgotten about my life plan? Not really, I just learn that there was a life that has been waiting for me. I found that I loved to be a teacher. I found more love when I have children.  I found my life had more meaning in this life. I might never be a dancer or a choreographer who creates the big show, but I could dance with my daughters and create the happy moments with my family.

Sometimes we are not willing to let go our plan, we build the regret and unhappy situation while we walk in our life. If we know that we cannot control our future, there are many mysteries in life. We actually just need to walk on daily basis to the life is waiting for us.

Our life is created for us to be happy, but we are the one who fill the mind with happiness. If our life is not going as our plan, we still know there is the life is waiting for us.

Happy New Year 2015

**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, January 1, 2015 at 10.58AM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it