A cup of coffee for my 23rd wedding anniversary

“Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning – I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it.” -Stephen Gaines


This quote perfectly describes my marriage. I will celebrate my 23 years wedding anniversary on June 22, 2014. It is just like I love to drink coffee every day and I might have it everyday but I always enjoy it.
                                                                                                                    
On the other hand my husband doesnt like coffee at all. We come from different side of the world. My husband likes sweet chocolate but I like dark chocolate. I like dancing; he doesnt like dancing. This is like East vs. West

Every time we meet a new friend, they will say, Both of you are so different, one is talkative, one is calm. Like the earth and the sky
It is so true, my daughters always say, Dad is a book smart, mom is a street smart
I believe my husband will describe our marriage with the quote from Dave Meurer

“A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”

I think our differences make us the perfect match.  We see everything in difference perspective that makes our marriage full of color. 

Along the journey for 23 years, we have been in many arguments; we were happy, sad or disappointed. I learnt to enjoy Jazz music and my husband learnt to enjoy Keroncong music. We never change ourselves totally to match to each other; we give each other room to be ourselves. We trust and respect that our differences bring the best of our relationship, especially for our two precious daughters.

We are still together because we have only one purpose in this marriage to spend our life together in love.

As Pearl S Buck said, A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.  This is what we have for 23 years and we will keep learning, changing and growing. 

Happy wedding anniversary to my husband Jozef, I will continue to walk with you, to be with you to fill our life together with love. 


**Lina Kartasasmita** June 19, 2014 at 3. 23 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it