Always expecting good things


When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

It was summer 2004, the first time for my daughters visited Epcot Center in Disneyworld Florida. I was busy to tell them what to do in Epcot. I brought them to the American Adventure and we would watch a group of people singing A cappella American folk songs.  I always love music performance and I want to share with my children to appreciate music and talents. My children and I had to wait for the music performance and especially I didn’t want to miss it.

The singers came and sang the songs that I knew very well. Thank you to my teacher from Junior high school who taught me all the American folk songs. After the music performance, the singers approached the audiences; they let the audiences to take picture with them. We didn’t have a chance to take a picture with the group, however I had a chance to talk with the leader of the group. He was surprised when I told him that we came from Indonesia, and I was there in 1990 with Jozef my boyfriend at that moment, and now I brought my children to see the memories of their mom and dad. Unexpectedly he wanted to give me a CD recording of their songs. His friend made the CD, and definitely we couldn’t buy it everywhere. He gave me the CD as a gift and it was only for me. It made my day.

Jozef told me, how lucky I was to get the recordings and I loved all the songs. He kept wondering how it could happen. I said, “Once in a life time it happened to me”

It was hard to believe that something nice happened to us just in a simple way. I needed to learn to believe that everything could happen in our life.  Back to 2007 I watched Nick Vujicic on TV, the man without limbs with a great power of motivation.  I told my husband that I had a wish to meet him or to be able to see him in person. I used Nick Vujicic figure in my speech project in 2008, and I kept saying I wished I could meet him.  One day in December 2008, my daughter called me from her school, “Mommy, my teacher asked whether you could help for my school program.  I said, “yes” for you. I know you will love to meet this person; Nick Vujicic will be the speaker for people with disabilities.” I called my husband right away, “Guess what? I will see Nick Vujicic giving his speech tomorrow” My husband came back home and he brought another news, “Nick Vujicic will give a speech at the church in our complex too in the evening. I will take a picture for you” As the result I saw Nick Vujicic twice in a day. What a wonderful day!


Sometimes in life we just need to believe something good can happen in our life.  I want to quote from Tom Hopkins “You begin by always expecting good things to happen”. Let’s start a new day with good and positive things in mind.


**Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, January 7, 2013 at 4.51PM


A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it