Love is a freedom


The house was so empty and we had dinner … it was only two of us. It is so hard to be in an empty nest; I always miss my children.  Out of the blue I started to say to my husband,” I miss our babies… I miss our babies …. I miss our babies”
Suddenly my husband said, “You are a great mother, you love our children so much but you let them go. You know my friend; he didn't let his children to be far away from him, and the children have to follow the dad’s will. I know how big your love for our children is but you let them go far away from you.”

I said, “Our children have their own life and dreams, we can not keep them for our ego. I always want to see them every minute in my life but it is only for the sake of my happiness. They have to chase their dream not follow my will or my desire. My happiness is to see they become what they want to be. Love is a freedom.”

That conversation reminded me; in 1986 my husband bought me a small poster said, “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they are yours; if they don’t, they never were”

That statement was so true. If we love someone we need to set them free. Love is a freedom. I have seen couple who attached each other and one of them lost the freedom to enjoy their own character. Someone has totally lost their ability to express themselves. This kind of relationship killed their character.

I truly understood, “Love is serving, love is giving, love is caring, love is passion… but love is also a freedom” If we love someone and they have to follow our ego. We not really love that person. It is only a selfish love.

Epictetus said, “Freedom is the right to live as we wish”

**Lina Kartasasmita** Dec 6, 2012 at 4.07PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it