A piece of cheese cake

It was one of my busy days; suddenly I got a message, “Miss, do you want a chicken pie?” I was so hungry at that moment; however I couldn’t escape from my teaching time. The young man came to give me two pieces of chicken pie while I was starving during my teaching time. I was touched by that simple action. He is a brother of one of my students. We knew each other through a social network. World is so small and we met in the same building. I promised to have a chat with him during my lunch time. Right after teaching, I saw him standing and there was something in his hand. He gave me that box and I asked him, “What is this?” He said, “A cheesecake for you Miss” I was wondering, “Why do you buy me a cheesecake? “ He walked besides me and he said, “O… I saw in your status something about you want a cheesecake for your birthday” Ops… I forgot that I wrote in my face book about a cheesecake on my birthday. When I wrote it I didn’t think someone would keep in his mind. This young man gave me something for my birthday and it was a simple thing that really made my day. Sometimes in life, we want to impress people by giving the most expensive gift for birthday celebration or any celebration. We value the present by price, so … we forget the present is not about the price but how we value the present itself. The value of giving is a power of attention. The power of a simple attention will bring the value of other’s people life. This young man gave a great example in giving. He knows very well “the value of giving attention” and he dares to apply it in his life. I appreciated the cheesecake more when I ate it after a long day teaching. Thanks, Felix for a sweet gift and a great attention. Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention. Jim Rohn **Lina Kartasasmita** Jakarta, April 6, 2012, at 10.42 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it