Where have I been?

It was a short Easter holiday; we were at Universal studio in Singapore. I was sitting when my husband took a picture, I was curious to see. I looked tired in that picture and I saw my wrinkles around my eyes. I looked around I saw my daughter, she is growing up now. I can not hold her with my both hand anymore, she is taller than me. I remember so clearly when the first time she went to Singapore she was six months old, so small and she was always in my embrace. Now she is going to be 18 years. The questions came into my mind, where have I been? Do I suddenly become old? The answer was in my mind. I was in that process but I passed it without my awareness. I was busy with daily life routine. From time to time, I didn't realize about myself, I was busy with my babies and served my family. Now I looked into myself I couldn't recognize myself. Sometimes I do hope to have time for myself, but my minds always drag me into my family. This is the reality we live as if we chase after tomorrow and we try to forget yesterday, but we pass the present without awareness then we miss the present. We are not belongs to this moment. The lesson is so simple and clear that we should aware of this moment at the present time. We know exactly what we have been through. Time goes by and we just suddenly feel so old.
I gave myself an advice, I should practice to be more aware of the present and to enjoy every moment which I have in life.
Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha
Finished in College Station, Texas on August 22, 2011 at 2.30 pm **Lina Kartasasmita**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

I am still here for you

Hundred percent!!

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it