On the same day in 2009

I read again the pink lovely card in front of me which I got it a year ago on the same date as today. The cover:
Happy birthday Mother
Each time I think of you
I remember your acceptance, your patience, your love.

Inside the card:
Each time
I think of you
I remember
How grateful
I am
That you’re my mother

Those words are printed nicely from the card maker. I believe many mothers already received that similar card. I have something totally make that card so special for me.
There were two difference handwritings inside the card and it wrote:

Weehee mommy! Happy birthday
Yes Mommy, you are getting old! But it’s okay because I still love you! And 2 love you even more each day! Remember mommy that you have been a terrifically awesomely amazingly unquestionably fabulous mom!! I love you even if you do not give me cookies! Ahahahaha ….

There was another hand writing in the other side of the card
“Things that keep you so close to our heart, you are our one and only loving mom, mostly though it is because we love you mom”

Both hand writings really made that card so special for me. Of course every year I am getting older. Nothing can change that. Many years ago I told my husband please don’t give me any present for my birthday. The first time I said that my husband couldn’t believe that. I tried to explain to him. After reading Mother Teresa’s book, I had meditated her message on how people live base on what they want more than what they need. I looked around all my birthday presents, most of them I didn’t need that. It was probably uncommon thing for people around me that I don’t want presents on my birthday. But I took it as part of my journey to build my wisdom in life. I always tell my children, the biggest present that I can give to them is only my love, my time and my life. There is something they can not exchange with other things in this world.

The statement,” I love you mom and we love you mom” that is my biggest present ever in my life. That statement brings light to my heart every time I read. I can see the meaning of my presence in this world. I can see the beauty of me in the reflection of my daughters’ eyes.

In life, I learn to enjoy every single thing I have as a blessing and I learn more and more to appreciate the present from the heart more than anything else. The card is the present from my daughters’ heart.

I wish I will have all the same statements from my daughters until the end of my journey in this world. The only things that I can bring with me and no one can steal it.


Devina and Devita,
Thank you for loving me as your mom 

Jakarta, March 18, 2010 at 5.24 PM
** Lina Kartasasmita**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table topic 1: Never… never give up

We love to love

Dealing with difficult person with acceptance

Suffering and tired

My Relationship with God

“Alone”

Hundred percent!!

I am still here for you

I am perfectly blessed in my imperfection

Please keep doing it